Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

*Results Update* Straight Ca$h Homey: CFB Week 4 Picks

Coming off my first winning week (4-3 after starting 0-3), I am still near the worst picker of all time, Trapp in 2012.  My God is he horrible.  This week I am going back to my bread-and-butter...double-digit favorites (and Syracuse).  I am being a p*ssy though, putting up the 3 big night time games but not using them for my picks....the bad record this year has shaken my confidence.  Week 4 HERE.WE.GO....
The ole 2-5 and money game loss.

Money Game:
Maryland at 8West Virginia -27
12:00 FX
If the 'noles can put 52 on Wake, WVU can put 60 on Maryland.  The Thundering Herd's defense shows more heart than the Terps.
L 31-21 Barf.

Kentucky at 14Florida -24.5
12:21 SEC Network
If 'Bama can put 52 on Arkansas, a red-hot Gators team can put 30+ on Kentucky, coming off a loss to directional-Kentucky school.
W 38-0 Gators on a roll, and Kentucky trying to play basketball in the fall.

Miami (FL) at Georgia Tech -14
3:00 ESPN3.com
If Miami gave up 52 to Kansas State, then GT, who has found their groove after putting up 50+ on UVA last week, can beat the 'canes by two touches.
L 42-36 OT The U had an incredible comeback from GT's comeback and won in OT.  Bad betting loss.

2LSU -20.5 at Auburn
7:00 ESPN
Auburn is bad.  LSU is pretty good.  Big spread, on the road, however LSU has been known to step it up against good opponents and I gotta roll with the Tigers in purple and gold.
L 12-10 Auburn showed some backbone and LSU's offense looked like Ohio State's after racing to a 9-0 lead.

20Louisville -13.5 at FIU
7:00 ESPN3.com
This one snuck up on me.  I don't know who is worse, FIU or Kentucky, but they are similar and under 14 looks really good.  Almost too good to be true.  Should be someone's money game.
L 28-21 I have no idea what happened in this game.

Vanderbilt at 5Georgia -13
7:45 ESPN2
Same ole UGA, same ole Vandy.  If Georgia can go into Mizzou at night and beat them down, Vandy, at home, at dusk could get away from the Commodores early.
W 48-3 When in doubt, go against Vandy in SEC play.

Syracuse +1.5 at Minnesota
8:00 BTN
'Cuse looked "good" against Southern Cal, and Minnesota just lost their only playmaker since Marion Barber III and and Laurence Maroney.  The Orange For The Win.
L 17-10 No idea but Syracuse is a decent team.  Nice W for the B1G I guess.  Look, the Gophers are 4-0!

Best of the Rest:
18Michigan +5.5 at 11Notre Dame
7:30 NBC
Everyone is on the Golden Domers, including me.  However, these games have been close, and Sparty's offense is not like Michigan's.  Could be a shootout.
L 13-6 Holy shit Michigan's offense is bad.  Holy shit Notre's defense showed up.

15Kansas State +14 at 6Oklahoma
7:50 FOX
K-State made me some money last year and OU has been known to, you know, not show up for these types of games.  Two touchdowns is HUGE.  I was expecting around 4-8.
W 24-19 K-State wins outright in Norman,  Not surprised at all.  Boomer Sooner is now officially Chokelahoma.

10Clemson at 4FSU -14
8:00 ABC (GAMEDAY)
Clemson in a big game.  The 'Noles looks great.  14 is HUGE but there is no way I can't not take Clemson.  This could be close, but probably a blowout, like 52-14ish. 
L 49-37 One late freaking touchdown by Clemson covers for them.  Probably the most fun I had watching a game in a few years.

1 comment:

  1. The Michigan Notre game was 13-6 not 14-3.

    ReplyDelete