Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

The Heat win, LBJ MVP


The Heat won the NBA championship and James was named MVP of the Finals after he was named regular season MVP for the 3rd time.  He closed out the Thunder with 26 points, 11 rebounds and 13 assists.

Here are James' numbers:
Season: 27.1 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 6.2 APG
Postseason: 30.3 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 5.6 APG

The best player was the best player in the playoffs and when it mattered the most, the NBA Finals.  Now all the hate the media gave to James will now be love.

Obviously, I am a Cleveland fan, and was crushed when things went down the way they did in the summer of 2010, and after he lost last year and said, basically, that everyone is happy we lost, but my life is better than yours and tomorrow, when you wake up, your life will still suck and I'll be fine.

I am sad as a Cleveland fan, and I turned off the game last night with 6 minutes left.  Partly because I was dead tired and partly because I didn't want to watch the Heat and their horrible fans celebrate a championship.

I think James has matured, and all everyone really wanted is for him to go '07-Pistons when it mattered the most, instead of quitting in the closeout game vs. Boston in 2010 (I will NEVER get over that) and last year in the Finals.  He took control, and especially in game 6 at the Garden this year, he was in total FU mode.  Give me the ball, and 1) get out of my way and 2) crash the boards in case I happen to miss it.

He didn't stop in the Finals, and was the definite leader for Miami.  I truly and happy for James, who had the pressure of the entire sports world on his shoulders.  It does seem he has grown up and become a person with a lot more self-awareness.  He has the title he could never get in Cleveland, and it took one year with Wade and Bosh and a few inconsistent role players to finally get it.  They look like a force to be reckoned with a la Jordan in the United Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment