Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2011

R.I.P. Steve Jobs















Steve Jobs died last night at age 56.  You can read plenty of who he was and what he did all over the internet.  Here is his inpact on me:

My grandma had an Apple II with a black screen, green text and floppy disks.  I played Number Munchers, Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen Sandeigo?


Apple II

Macbook 2008

In high school, my dad bought an orange iMac where I learned how to make burnt cds and in my junior and senior year, UA got a bunch of macs and I used iMovie and all that.  I didn't have a mac and didn't really use apple in college other than my ipod mini, which I still have (Ella's personal classical music player). 

When I moved in with Tiffany, she had a Macbook and I started using that exclusively.  I bought a iPod Classic and put all my music onto that.  When my iPod Mini no longer lasted longer than 5 minutes, which I would use it to run with, I bought a Nano 5th generation.  Tiffany's boys have those mini shuffles and I bought Tiffany her own Nano 5thG.  When I met Tiff, she had an iPhone.  She then went to a Blackberry, as did I, but last year she got the new iPhone and I followed in the spring for Father's Day.  Before we went to Hawaii, she bought an iPad in August of 2009. 

All totaled, as a family, we have a Macbook, 6 iPods, 2 iPhones and an iPad.  As you can see, we are a total apple family.  There are probably a million other families with similar stories.  That's the effect Steve Jobs and his vision has impacted us.  I hope Apple keeps his spirit and innovation alive.

Tangerine iMac



iPod Mini 4

iPod Shuffle


iPod Classic


iPod Nano 5th G


iPad

iPhone 4


No comments:

Post a Comment